||[Apr. 10th, 2007|04:33 pm]
Mini-rages. This will be offensive. Deal.
1) Why are people so quick to defend religion? WHY GOD WHY? I cannot understand this. I'm just so fucking tired of hearing the non-religious person saying "it just means a lot to people" and the loudmouth religious wacko standing there screaming "GOD GOD GOD BIBLE JESUS GOD BLATHERBLATHER GODDDDDDD!!!" or the serene religious wacko being all like "spirituality hippie jesus cool bible goooood soft things happy pretty birds god god godddd...." and none of it makes any sense. I just want to make a pamphlet for all these people because I'm SO FUCKING TIRED of explaining the same stupid obvious-ass shit to them over and over and over and over and OVER and STILL having it infiltrate my fandom. *short, irritated sigh*
2) If I hear another "Hey-you're-a-McCartney-fan-well-here's-a-joke-Heather-Mills-has-ONE-LEG-haw-haw" joke, I'm going to eat someone's face off. Of their face. Fuck, I'm tired of that bullshit. Why don't people ever want to talk to me about the Beatles when something good happens to them? Why doesn't anyone ever have anything nice to say? Yknow? I didn't have anybody run up to me in 2005 and be all like, "OMG Paul has a new album!!111 :DDD" And none of these people ran up to me several years ago to tell me to get my ass to the TicketMaster cos Paul's goin on tour WOOOOO. They're all ready and prepared with the hatin but somehow pretty absent when it comes to the lurve. And I'm not really big into the "all you need is hate" crowd.
3) If you're a Beatles fan and you own a gun, I got nothin to fuckin say to you. Somethin seriously wrong witchoo. Yeah, yeah, whine whine, you use it to hunt, you eat what you catch, the world is so scaaaaaary you gotta own one. NEWS FLASH: Deer are not tasty! They are made of MEAT, you brainless automaton, you! In a first-world country*, I'm gonna hazard a guess that most people are not doing any true subsistence hunting. Go swallow a bullet and choke on a bone, you horrible people, you. I'll be over here hugging this fucking tree and um NOT perpetuating and normalizing violence and killing. Eat me.
4) And another thing: fine. Own your stupid-ass guns. Be a total dick. But don't wander into a community or room full of Beatles fans and be all like, "I LIKE GUNS! :D" and expect people to pat you on the back. It's kind of like bursting into a MADD meeting and insisting that drunk driving is actually okay, because you've done it before and you've never killed anyone. Irrelevant, self-serving, incorrect, inappropriate, offensive, and just plain callous. Maybe if you weren't so much rarin' to shoot shit all the time, you might have a little compassion. *RAGE OMFG*
5) How many years do I have to have Paul Cred before I am allowed to say that this is my nickname? How many? Is there a certain number of people who must refer to me this way for a certain percentage of the time for a given period of time? Cos I'd like to know what the numbers are that I'm missing here. I mean, really.
*Yes, yes, we don't all live in a first-world country. But seriously, folks, anyone who regularly and casually uses the internet enough to run around in the groups I belong to is probably not in a starvation situation.